Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Work in Progress- Alki Point Light, Washington


I enjoy lighthouses and have several photos and prints in my collection. I have started a representation of Alki Point Light located in West Seattle, Washington. The light is on the west side facing Puget Sound. I am starting with a rough pencil sketch to set proportions and some of the angles of the buildings. There are a couple of areas I still need to work on to get them to look correct in perspective. I am still trying to decide whether I will use regular color pencil or watercolor pencils. Perhaps a combination. Perhaps one of each, or better yet a series in various mediums to see how each works since I am fairly new at this.

4 comments:

Terry said...

Looking good big bro....:)

seesue said...

You've got the beginnings of a terrific series here. Have fun with this one! I would love to see the bkgrnd at least be w/c.

Shelly McC said...

This is looking great!

Peachtreeart said...

You are really close...portland that is. I use to dance ballet with Ballet Idaho who was once Eugene Ballet and merged with Ballet Idaho, we performed in Eugene often. Love your structures.